Eligible homeowners may receive up to $40,000 to make necessary life-safety, health and accessibility repairs and improvements.
Assistance is structured as a 0%-interest forgivable loan with no monthly payments.
Grants of up to $14,999 are forgiven 1/60th each month (fully forgiven after 5 years in the home).
Grants from $15,000 to $40,000 are forgiven 1/120th each month (fully forgiven after 10 years in the home).
CPAH also partners with Wintrust Financial Corporation to provide loans of up to $20,000 for repairs, accessibility improvements and other home improvements.
Assistance is structured as a 3%-interest loan with monthly payments, payable over a maximum ten-year period.
Loans can be paired with the grant program if the homeowner exceeds the available grant amount or would like to make improvements that are not eligible under the grant program.
Eligible grant improvements:
- Windows & doors
- Heating & cooling
- Lead Based Paint, mold and asbestos remediation
- Foundation and structural repairs
- And More!
Key eligibility criteria:
- Assistance is available for one-unit, single-family detached homes anywhere in Lake County
- The after-rehab value of the home cannot exceed $242,250
- The rehabilitation must result in a sustainable and habitable living environment
- Homeowners must use the home as their principal residence
- Homeowners must be current on property taxes
- Homeowners must have homeowner’s insurance
- Homeowners must not have missed a mortgage payment in the past 12 months
- Homeowners must meet relevant underwriting criteria
- Annual GROSS household income (i.e. the combined pre-tax income from all sources for all members of the household) cannot exceed the below limits. Income limits are based on household size
How to apply:
Please call Janice Rosales at 847.263.7478 ext. 10 for a pre-screening to determine potential eligibility.