"Affordable Homes... Today and Tomorrow!"
COMMUNITY PARTNERS FOR AFFORDABLE HOUSING (CPAH) IS A NONPROFIT 501(C)(3) ORGANIZATION THAT CREATES PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS to preserve, maintain and develop permanently affordable for-sale and rental housing of high quality for low- and moderate-income households. CPAH helps bridge the gap between the high cost of housing and the incomes of many low- to moderate-income households who live and work in the community – teachers, healthcare workers, retail staff, childcare providers, seniors, municipal employees, nonprofit staff, persons with disabilities and many other valuable community members.
CPAH was initiated by the City of Highland Park in 2003 and is widely recognized as a leader throughout the region. The organization now also partners with the City of Lake Forest and the City of Evanston in order to address affordable housing in a best-practice, collaborative approach. CPAH operates the first community land trust program in Illinois and remains at the forefront of perpetually affordable housing. We invite you to learn more about the organization and to get involved today.
BENEFITS TO THE COMMUNITY
- Provides housing opportunities for low- and moderate-income households
- Promotes cultural and economic diversity
- Creates valuable workforce housing
- Preserves the community’s existing housing stock and neighborhood character
- Rehabilitates problem or blighted properties in the community
- Develops an inventory of permanently affordable housing for future generations
- Assists local businesses to attract and retain employees
- Promotes live-near-work housing which helps alleviate traffic congestion and the environmental impacts associated with long commutes
- Helps communities comply with the Illinois Affordable Housing Planning and Appeal Act
- Encourages workers to live and spend their incomes in the local economy
- Maximizes the cost-effectiveness of public and private investment for long-term community benefit